Join a PTA
Ways to Join
To join your local PTA contact your school and be put in contact with a local leader. You may contact the Wisconsin PTA state office for more information by phone at (608) 244-1455 or email at email@example.com. You may also join the Wisconsin At Large Unit (WALU) below. Learn more about WALU on this page.
Wisconsin At-Large Unit (WALU)
Membership in the Wisconsin at Large Unit is an excellent way to show your support for the Wisconsin PTA even if there is not a PTA in your community. By supporting WALU, you support PTA and add your voice to those of concerned parents, grandparents, teachers and school leaders across the state and nation who speak out for our children.
Through WALU, you support the value and programming that ultimately reach our families and communities in support of every child reaching their full potential. By becoming a member of WALU, you help us to advocate for children from the classroom walls all the way to the Congressional Halls.
When you become a member of WALU, you automatically receive our quarterly newsletter, information on programs, grants, leadership training, our State Legislative Conference, Convention, and receive special State and National PTA member benefits.
Anyone Can Join PTA!
Wisconsin PTA is the largest and oldest volunteer child advocacy organization in the state. Parents, teachers, senior citizens, students, decision makers, business leaders, and anyone concerned about the health, education, and welfare of children is encouraged to join WALU!
A WALU membership is an excellent way to show your support for the Wisconsin PTA even if there is not a PTA in your community. WALU membership is only $10.00. Benefits of Membership:
- Show your support for the PTA Mission: to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for every child.
- Receive the Wisconsin PTA newsletter
- Opportunities to volunteer or attend our events
- Participate in advocacy campaigns
- Discounts from National PTA Sponsors
The PTA’s mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
THE OBJECTS OF PTA
– To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
– To raise the standards of home life
– To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
– To build relationships between home and school with parents, teachers, administrators, and our youth.
– To advocate to secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.